Today I sent out my invitation for the Living NVC Coaching Group and I also post it here:
Dear NVC colleagues
Do you feel blessed – grateful, privileged – when you think of the role that Nonviolent Communication (NVC) has played, and continues to play, in your life?
Do you feel deeply moved when you think of a world in which more and more people use Nonviolent Communication as a way of communicating – a way of being?
Are you looking for a powerful form of tailored, ongoing support as you explore what it means to you to live your life from a place of nonviolence?
I’m excited to announce the Living NVC Coaching Group. This is a coaching group for 6 – 8 people who have been studying and practising non-violent communication for some time and who would enjoy a powerful and tailored form of ongoing support as they explore what it means to live and work from a place of nonviolence.
I’m looking for the 6 – 8 people for whom this coaching group is a longed-for and exciting source of focus, momentum and support – a catalyst for new possibilities.
Please help me by signing up for this group and/or by forwarding this e-mail to those people you know for whom this might be the right thing at the right time – right now!
I was very moved by Dorothy’s presence and contributions to the group during a recent NVC experience where we met. In particular, she approached people’s hearts and their situations with great care, consideration and insight. I loved her warm laughter and soft tears – a wise, vibrant lady!
Live the Gift Coaching
The Living NVC Coaching Group: About you
It’s some time now since you first heard of Marshall Rosenberg and Nonviolent Communication (NVC). During that time you have taken time to explore Nonviolent Communication, by studying (reading, watching DVDs, participating in courses etc.) and by practising Nonviolent Communication in your daily life.
You have had time to discover the increasing depth of experience that is available to you by your practise of Nonviolent Communication. You have had time to discover the quality of relationships that are possible when two people are truly present to each others’ needs. And you have had time, too, to “stub your toe” against some of the challenges that come with practising Nonviolent Communication. Over time your commitment has grown to living your life in the spirit and practise of nonviolence.
Maybe you have also started to offer support to other learners and practitioners of Nonviolent Communication. Perhaps you offer trainings, practice groups or other events. Perhaps you have taken Nonviolent Communication into your professional life. Whether or not the people around you know it, you are committed to an approach to relationships which honours your needs – and theirs. You are committed both because of the possibilities for you that arise from your use of Nonviolent Communication and because you yearn for a world in which everyone’s needs count.
At this stage, you are skilled in taking care of yourself (if you’re not, you may get more from joining the NVC “Firm Foundations” Coaching Group). Still, you yearn for a regular opportunity to deepen your learning, practice and experience of Nonviolent Communication. You are excited by the idea of any experience that gives you the depth of learning and experience you’ve had on courses – over time. For this reason, you feel excited when you think about participating in a regular coaching group for committed NVC practitioners.
What’s more, you are ready to bring everything that you are to the group – your strengths, your fears, your dreams, your inner resources. You’re ready to share yourself fully and honestly with other members of the group and to seek the help and support you need to move forward. It’s not that you need to be “rescued” by your colleagues. Rather, you are excited by the idea that you could, as a result of your participation in this group, develop ever more skilful means to translate your commitment to NVC into action. You want to deepen your experience of living NVC and you’re ready to invest your time, effort and learning in order to make this happen.
The real pleasure of knowing Dorothy as a colleague and as a coach is her powerful and infectious enthusiasm for inspiring others to develop. She achieves this by truly engaging you with her curiosity, her integrity, her commitment and her ability to enable you to believe you can be all you set out to be. I would never hesitate to recommend Dorothy.
Coach and Organisation Development Consultant
The Living NVC Coaching Group: Affordable Help, Just When You Need It
When you join the Living NVC Coaching Group you make a one-year commitment to a group of 6 – 8 people who, like you, are committed to furthering and deepening the spirit and practices by which they live NVC.
Your annual fee of £1,925.00 plus VAT (payable in six easy instalments – see below) gives you access to a comprehensive package of group coaching and other support:
· From September 2009 to July 2010 the group meets for 90 minutes, twice a month by conference call, with a break in December – a total of 21 group coaching calls;
· An additional six one-hour conference calls provide an optional input to support you in areas that matter most to you – a curriculum that you specify supported by insights and practices from NVC and other fields;
· Prior to joining the group, a one-hour one-to-one telephone coaching session will help you to get clear on your goals for your membership of this group and on those areas in which you most want to make progress;
· What’s more, your fees for joining this group include an additional 3 hours of one-to-one coaching. These are available to you at times of your choosing – just when you need them.
Early bird registration
I’m eager to get this group started, with a group of 6 – 8 committed NVC practitioners. If this is exciting for you, I’d like to offer a 10% discount for you, provided you register by Friday 7th August and pay your first instalment by 14th August. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Your payment schedule
Your total annual fee for this group is £1,925.00 plus VAT. You can pay this as a single annual payment in August or take advantage of our payment schedule. This comprises an initial non-refundable deposit of £325.00 plus VAT which secures your place in the group followed by five additional instalments of £320.00 plus VAT in September and November 2009 and January, March and May 2010.
Should you take advantage of our early bird registration your total annual fee will be reduced to £1,732.50. You can pay this as a single annual payment in August or take advantage of our payment schedule. This comprises an initial non-refundable deposit of £292.50 plus VAT which secures your place in the group followed by five additional instalments of £288.00 plus VAT in September and November 2009 and January, March and May 2010.
The Living NVC Coaching Group: How can I offer this value for money to committed NVC practitioners?
Joining the Living NVC Coaching Group is a significant investment of your time, money and energy. I hope you find the value you get from joining this group way exceeds your expectations.
Perhaps you’re also wondering: how I can offer such a comprehensive package at this cost? I’d like to tell you how – and why.
Working as a group offers the opportunity to provide the same quality support at a fraction of the cost-to-participants of one-to-one coaching. At the same time, group coaching offers an experience one-to-one coaching just can’t provide.
What’s more, your one-to-one coaching hours are available to you at the same cost as your group coaching hours – a significant discount on my standard coaching fees for private clients. In effect, I am offering you a rare “deal”: in exchange for this extraordinary discount, you agree to become an advocate for my business, letting people know about the services and the quality of service that I provide.
And there’s more! As long as you are a member of the Living NVC Coaching Group, you are eligible for a discount on additional one-to-one coaching. Subject to availability, this will be available to you for the duration of your membership of this group at £100.00 plus VAT per hour – that’s one third off my standard fees for private clients and small business owners.
These fees reflect my commitment to offer support to a group I passionately want to support – committed practitioners of NVC.
Hi there Dorothy,
You are a beacon in a very bright and amazing forum – and you can quote me on that! I learn so much from all your contributions to the TJ online forum. There’s always useful content, and more than that, the way in which you communicate with, encourage and challenge a wide range of people is an exemplar for us all. You are very generous with your insights (which are often profound) and seemingly-gentle questions, which can often inspire all kinds of revelations and learning. And you are respectful and ethical; that is very clear in how you deal with others. You are blazing a trail with what you are doing and deserve to succeed – I think group coaching is the right idea at the right time with the right coach leading the charge.
Member of the Training Journal Daily Digest
The Living NVC Coaching Group: How It Works
Here’s how it works:
· Once you know this is the group for you, you make a one-year commitment to the group with the option to continue to work together if this is what the group wants. As soon as you sign up, we’ll schedule your one-to-one preparatory coaching session at a time to suit you. Your first group call will lay the foundations for our work together, helping you and other group members to connect with each other and agreeing key ways of working together right from the start.
· Throughout the year, you will have a programme which includes both coaching calls and “input” calls with a focus on a particular area and in which we explore practices that might help you to move forward.
· As your group coach, I schedule and facilitate each meeting. I provide a format for our work together – at least to begin with. You’ll also have the input and support of 6 or 7 amazing people who share your commitment to living in the spirit and practice of NVC.
· Our group calls take place by conference call at a number and with a pin code that is unique to our group. You commit to dial in on time for our calls, each time. You can do this from anywhere in the world.
· Beginning in September, we meet for two 90-minute group calls per month. In December we have just one call and in August we have no calls – a total of twenty-one 90-minute calls.
· On the call we check in, noticing what’s alive for us as we begin our call and sharing where we’re making progress and where we need help. We’ll also take time to notice what’s working and to share hints and tips. This is a powerful way to share best practice and to build momentum towards our goals. We’ll also choose an area of focus for each call – an area in which group members want to make progress. We’ll explore this area before setting up clear and uncompromising intentions for our time between calls. All of these intentions will reflect the overarching goals of helping you to deepen your experience of living NVC. Finally, we’ll take time to check out, noticing what you are taking away from the call.
· As your group coach, I’ll be providing coaching throughout each call and to every member of the group. This isn’t about “taking it in turns” – it’s about working together in ways which engage us all, all the time.
· Between calls, and during December, you’ll be putting your intentions into action and noticing what works – and what doesn’t. Prior to each call, you’ll check in with yourself and get ready to check in with the group. In August, the group will take a break – and maybe you will, too.
· Six times a year I’ll be offering an additional, optional 60-minute call. Each call offers an opportunity to focus on an area of interest to you and to identify and explore practices to support you in that area. I’ll be drawing on practices from the field of NVC and elsewhere as well as on your experience of what works and what doesn’t work to help you to enrich both your understanding of each area and to expand the range of practices available to you to support you in living NVC. I’ve scheduled the dates and suggested some areas on which you may wish to focus. We’ll be reviewing the curriculum as we go to ensure it meets your needs.
· Your non-refundable deposit of £325.00 plus VAT secures your place in the group. I will send you an invoice for your five additional instalments of £320.00 plus VAT in September and November 2009 and January, March and May 2010.
· Over the year, you will stretch and grow into the learning and actions that will propel you forward, helping you both to accelerate your progress and to stay the course. You’ll benefit from a growing momentum and awareness of progress – your own, and that of the group.
· I hope you’ll be able to come to all of our group coaching calls, but if circumstances cause you to miss a call, I’ll record it so you can listen to it later.
I enjoyed the coaching from Dorothy, the combination of her skill, the quality of her listening warmth and humour was very effective and helpful. Thanks.
The Living NVC Coaching Group: What It’s Not
· The Living NVC Coaching Group is not an open group to which members come and go. It is a group for a limited number of individuals who sign up with a firm commitment to membership of the group for a full year. If you have questions to ask to help you to assess the extent to which the group is designed to meet your needs I invite you to ask your questions before you sign up for membership of the group.
· The Living NVC Coaching Group is not a training programme. There’s no curriculum and I won’t be training you. Instead, I’ll be your coach. That means I’ll be using a coaching approach to help you to tap into your own inner resources. In this way you will determine your own curriculum – the ground you need to cover to move forward – and find your own answers. In this way, you’ll be finding your own way forward.
· The Living NVC Coaching Group is not an NVC Practice Group or an Empathy Group. Whilst the teaching element of the programme offers input and guidance, our work in the coaching sessions is to help you to find your own answers. There may be times, for example, when questions are designed to help you to give yourself empathy rather than to offer it to you. In this way you learn to meet your needs yourself in the moment and to develop the skills you need to support you long after our work together has finished.
· The Living NVC Coaching Group is not a substitute for one-to-one support. Whilst the focus will, at times, be on you, this will be in the context – always – of the larger group. So, whilst you can expect this group to be a place of understanding, celebration and support and whilst you can expect your own understanding and practice of NVC to deepen through our work together, you may find you have needs which for which you will need to seek support outside the group.
I’d thoroughly recommend Dorothy as an authentic, experienced and elegant coach. My experience of being part of any initiative she has organised has been highly positive. I’m sure this will be a great opportunity and catalyst for group members.
Key Note Speaker and author of Time Management for Manic Mums and
Co-Author of Making It: Women Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Secrets of Success
Your “Input” Calls: Areas of Focus
We will be adjusting the programme for our “input” calls as we go to meet the needs of the group. Sessions might include:
· NVC and the Law of Attraction: What is the Law of Attraction? What are the core principles of the Law of Attraction? What do we seek to attract (and how) by committing to a life of non-violence?
· Committing to a life of choice: What do we mean when we talk about living “at choice” or even “at cause”? What does it mean to live your life “at choice”? What NVC and other practices support us in creating a life “at choice”?
· NVC and empathy: NVC places connection or rapport at the centre of a nonviolent approach. What NVC practices have we found most effective in building harmonious relationships – with ourselves and with others? What practices from other disciplines can support us?
· Transforming anger and other “other-focused” emotions: What role do anger, guilt, shame and other “other-focused” emotions play in our lives? What practices does NVC offer for the transformation of these emotions? What practices are available from other disciplines to help us to transform these emotions?
· Saying it like it is: What messages do you find most difficult to express? What can you do to prepare yourself to share your truth – and to leave others to own their responses? What practices from NVC and elsewhere can you draw on to support you?
· Ultimate choices: In what areas of your lives do you face the greatest challenge in owning and honouring your needs? What are the ultimate choices you face in those areas? How can you use nonviolent communication to move things forward in your areas of ultimate choice?
Introducing Dorothy Nesbit, Your Group Coach
With a background in training and consulting and a lifelong focus on leadership and personal effectiveness I am both new to coaching and a seasoned coach. Throughout my career I have been involved in coaching leaders. Recognising this led me to the decision, in 2003, to name coaching as a part of my practice and to begin the journey towards establishing a coaching practice and towards professional accreditation.
2003 was also the year in which I first heard of Marshall Rosenberg and Nonviolent Communication (NVC). Amongst the many fields in which I have studied, including leadership competencies and emotional intelligence, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and nonviolent communication (NVC), NVC touched a chord and has become a touchstone for me – a coming home. Since I first read Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life I have participated in 35 days training in NVC.
As a coach, I offer a compassionate approach, aiming to provide a balance of challenge and support which is uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each client. My coaching is rooted in my understanding of what works across a variety of areas in clients’ professional and personal lives. My coaching is rooted in my own life experience and in my deep and continuing learning journey. My coaching is rooted in my own commitment to nonviolence.
My current coaching portfolio includes both executive and personal clients and I like to work with clients in a deep and lasting coaching relationship. My choice to offer coaching groups reflects both my love of working with groups and my commitment to offer coaching as widely as I can.
You can get to know me ahead of time by looking at my website (at www.learningforlifeconsulting.co.uk) and my blog (at http://dorothynesbit.blogspot.com). I also attach two coaching CVs.
Although my first experience of working with Dorothy was not coaching related, it was later as an executive coach that her skills and values shone through. She has (in my experience) a unique level of insight and empathy which allows her to interact in a most effective way. Like all good coaching, it’s not always comfortable, but it is always immensely valuable and pragmatically useful from the moment the session ends.
Director of Operations
Munich Re, UK Life Branch
Your Coaching Schedule: Start The Week The Way You Mean To Go On!
Our calls will take place on Mondays at 2.15pm. Make yourself a cuppa, make yourself comfortable and get ready to start the week the way you mean to go on!
Our group coaching calls will take place on September 7th & 21st, October 5th & 19th, November 2nd, 16th & 30th 2009, and January 11th & 25th, February 8th & 22nd, March 8th & 22nd, April 12th & 26th, May 10th & 24th, June 7th & 21st and July 5th & 19th 2010.
Our expert input calls will take place on October 12th and December 7th, 2009 and January 18th, March 15th, May 17th and July 12th 2010.
How To Register: Steps 1, 2 and 3…
1. Check in with yourself! As soon as you know this group’s for you, please send me an e-mail at email@example.com to reserve your place in the group.
2. I’ll let you know if there’s still a place available and send you your first invoice. Paying your deposit will reserve your place in the group.
3. As soon as I receive your deposit, our work begins! We’ll schedule your one-to-one “getting started” call and I’ll send you brief preparatory papers. I’ll send you details of your conference call number and pin about one week before our first group call.
Please think about whether this group is for you – and let me know. If you’d like to ask questions do drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call.
And if you know of others who might be interested – others, even, with whom you’d like to work (and play!) in this group, please forward this e-mail to them.
As Dorothy’s coach, I know that she is a true advocate for authentic personal and professional leadership.
Dorothy is absolutely committed, as a coach, to working with you to access your own innate resources, clarity, and authentic voice. She shines a light on your dreams, passions, and wisdom, and calls you forth into the full expression of those natural talents, in work and in life.
Dorothy brings energy, passion, focus, humour, and wisdom to her life and work. You can count on your journey with Dorothy, either as an individual or group client, to be a spirited one with lots of fun, challenge, and great reward.
As your coach, Dorothy understands your needs and desires. She sponsors your unique dreams and talents. You can look forward to a coach and a group that supports, challenges, and calls you forth to make your vision, of yourself, your business, and your life, a reality. I can’t think of a better coach for you to have on the path of taking nonviolent communication into the world.
Professionally Certified Coach